My best friend Denise is one damn fine cook, so this recipe is accredited to her. Enough said, here's the recipe for Denise's open faced enchiladas.
2 chicken breasts
4 Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle wedges
4 C low sodium chicken broth
A pinch of cumin and garlic powder
1 can diced green chile (or 3 fresh green chiles)
1 C salsa
1 C organic refried beans (low sodium, lard free of course)
4 small corn tortillas (look for the lowest in sodium)
1/2 red onion
1 t olive oil
4 T fat free plain Greek yogurt
4 lime wedges and cilantro to garnish
1. Start by poaching the chicken. Denise did this by placing the chicken breasts in a pot, covering them by an inch in low sodium chicken broth, seasoning the broth with cumin and garlic powder, then slowly letting the chicken cook over medium heat. Once cooked, pull the chicken apart using two forks. Combine the chicken with the salsa in a bowl, and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the red onion and saute for about two minutes. Add the refried beans until heated through. Set aside.
3. Combine the chile and cheese. Stir until combined, then set aside.
4. Now, to put it all together! Spray each tortilla with non stick cooking spray, and arrange in a cooking dish. Spoon on 1/4 of each mixture onto each tortilla. First, the bean mixture, then the chicken and salsa, and finally the cheese and chile.
5. Broil in the oven for about 5 minutes. Once heated through, add your garnishes. A dollop of Greek yogurt, a lime wedge and a sprinkle of cilantro ought to do ya!
Each enchilada is 374 cals, 42g carbs, 6g fat, 38g protein, 6g sugar, 983g sodium, 7g fiber (WW points: 9)